Despite the short days, and long winters’ nights, now is a joyous time of year made bright, not just by the lights we hang on our windows or trees, but by the time we spend with people we hold dear.
As a token of our appreciation this year, we’d like to give you, the real estate professionals in our community, a chance to win $1000 in cash to help pay your holiday shopping bills. We thank you for spending time with us this past year, for guiding Trulia buyers and sellers through countless transactions, and for giving us insight into how you manage your business so that we can continually improve our services to bring you a better 2012.
How does Trulia make your holidays brighter?
We want you to create a video that shares a story about how Trulia made your holidays brighter this year. We want to hear about:
- Leads you’ve generated for your business through Trulia
- Transactions you’ve made through Trulia
- The biggest deal you closed from Trulia
In return, we’ll make your holidays brighter and help you pay off your holiday shopping bills with a:
$1,000 cash prize for one lucky agent!
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Create a video that fits into one of our 3 categories and share your story
- Upload your video via YouTube, Facebook or your Smart Phone (see our “4 Easy Ways to Upload Online Video” post for instructions)
- Post a link to your video on our Facebook Page at Facebook.com/TruliaPro
The real estate professional who submits the best video, as judged by Trulia staff will win a Visa gift card loaded with $1,000. And don’t forget that video and audio quality matter – the better we can see and hear you, the more likely you are to win that prize!
Trulia’s Holiday Contest 2011
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. How to Enter: To enter, you must:
Step 1: Create a video that fits into one of the three following categories. Each video must be at least 1 minute long in length and answer the question “How does Trulia make your holidays brighter?” (the “Contest Theme”).
a. Leads you’ve generated for your business through Trulia
b. Transactions you’ve made through Trulia
c. The biggest deal you closed from Trulia
Step 2: Upload your video via YouTube, Facebook or your Smart Phone.
Step 3: Visit the TruliaPro Facebook page at www.facebook.com/truliapro and like us on Facebook if you’re not already a fan.
Step 4: Click on the “Video” tab on the TruliaPro Facebook wall to record or upload your video testimonial.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be in English. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor.
2. Judging and Selection of Winners. Entries will be judged by employees of Trulia, Inc. (“Sponsor”) based on the following judging criteria:
a. communication of the Contest Theme
b. creativity, and
c. whether the submission adheres to the Official Rules
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that are inappropriate for any reason, including, without limitation, entries that contain, depict, describe, mention, or refer to illegal, profane, sexually explicitly, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate material or are otherwise not appropriate for or consistent with Sponsor’s brand image. The potential prize winner will be notified by e-mail on or about January 20, 2011. To claim the prize, the potential winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification, including by taking any winner verification steps required by Sponsor.
3. Contest Period: The Contest period is from 5:00 PM (all times Pacific Time) on December 19, 2011 to 11:59 p.m. on January 13, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet the other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to potentially win a prize.
4. Prize: One (1) winner will receive $1,000 VISA gift card.
5. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW), A PROFESSIONAL IN THE REAL ESTATE FIELD (E.G., A REAL ESTATE BROKER OR AGENT), AND A REGISTERED USER OF TRULIA.COM. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
6. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
7. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification, or, alternatively, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by e-mail with the prize notification are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one winner per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entrant’s registration. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
9. Sponsor’s License to Entries. You grant to Sponsor, and its successors, assigns, licensees, representatives, and agents, a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your entry, or any portion thereof, in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
10. Representation and Warranty. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) you are eligible to enter the Contest; (b) your entry is original to you and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to your entry and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your entry in connection with the Contest and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; (c) you are a bona fide user of any Trulia product/service mentioned in your entry; (d) your comments about Trulia and its products/services in your entry reflect your honest opinions, beliefs, findings, and experiences in connection with Trulia and such products/services; and (e) you have the unconditional right to submit your entry to Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules, and your entry and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any consumer protection law or regulation or any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
11. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
12. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the Contest and for any other advertising, marketing, or promotional purpose(s) without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to execute a consent to the use of such winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the Contest and for any other advertising, marketing, or promotional purpose(s) without further permission or compensation.
13. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
14. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after January 13, 2012 and before January 13, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Trulia Holiday Contest 2011 Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Trulia Holiday Contest 2011 Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
15. Intellectual Property Notice. TRULIA is a trademark of Trulia, Inc. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 by Trulia, Inc.
16. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Trulia Holiday Contest 2011 Questions.
17. Sponsor: Trulia, Inc., 116 New Montgomery Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105.