UPDATE: Contest Extended till 5/24
Welcome to the new Trulia Pro blog!
Here you’ll find new tips and strategies that will help you go mobile, establish better online connections with consumers and other agents, save precious time and learn about new tools and trends to help you grow your real estate business. We look forward to connecting with you here and on our newly created Trulia Pro Twitter and Facebook channels.
What better way to introduce our new blog than with a contest? Well, it’s more than a contest actually, it will be a collection of some of the best user generated real estate marketing ideas from our community. We look forward to your participation.
What is your top online marketing tip that you use to meet more clients online, close more deals, build your brand, or simplify the way you work, i.e., helps you be a TruliAmazing Agent?
Share it for an opportunity to win!
- Submitted tips must be 150 words or less about a technique that you use online to meet more clients online, close more deals, build your brand, or simplify the way you work.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Trulia employee judges based on the following criteria:
- The most apt, original, and interesting TruliAmazing Tip;
- The most creative TruliAmazing Tip.
See Sections 7 and 8 of the Official Rules for more details.
TheTop 50 TruliAmazing Online Real Estate Marketing Tips will be featured at pro.truliablog.com, trulia.com and potentially in other media such as a downloadable PDF, short video, or webinar.
How to Enter
Step 1:Online Posting Entry Method
- Visit pro.truliablog.com; and
- Complete the online comment form below with all required information, and then submit your top online real estate marketing tip (in 150 words or less) that helps you meet more clients online, close more deals, build your brand, or simplify the way you work (“TruliAmazing Tip”).
Alternate (E-mail) Entry Method:
- E-mail Sponsor at rudy at trulia.com with your full name, e-mail address, and Company Info, together with your TruiliAmazing Tip (the tip must be 150 words or less).
Follow complete directions in Section 7 of the Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
One entrant will be selected to win a new 16GB iPad 2 (approximate retail value: $499)!
The top 50 entrants’ tips will be featured at pro.truliablog.com, trulia.com, and those entrants will receive an embeddable badge for their website (approximate retail value: $0.00).
Contest only open to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority under applicable law).
May 3, 2011 @ 9:01 am (PDT)
May 24th, 2011 @ 11:59 pm (PDT)
Trulia, Inc., 116 New Montgomery St., Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Void where prohibited. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. Contest subject to Official Rules. Visit pro.truliablog.com for Official Rules.
OFFICIAL RULES “TruliAmazing Online Real Estate Marketing Tips” Contest
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND TRULIA, INC. (”SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion period is from 9:01 a.m. (all times Pacific Time) on May 3, 2011 to 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet the other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to potentially win a prize.
- First Place Prize: One (1) winner will receive a 16GB Apple iPad 2 (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $499). In addition, the first place winner’s TruliAmazing Tip will be published at pro.truliablog.com, and he/she will receive an embeddable badge for his/her website (ARV: $0.00).
- Second Place Prizes: Forty-nine (49) winners will each receive an embeddable badge for their website, and their TruliAmazing Tips will be published at pro.truliablog.com (ARV: $0.00).
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Any prize may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification, or, alternatively, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by e-mail with the prize notification are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one winner per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter: To enter, take the following steps during the Promotion Period:
Online Posting Entry Method.
Step 1: Visit pro.truliablog.com; and
Step 2: Complete the online comment form with all required information, and then submit your top online real estate marketing tip (in 150 words or less) that helps you meet more clients online, close more deals, build your brand, or simplify the way you work (“TruliAmazing Tip”).
Alternate (E-mail) Entry Method.
E-mail Sponsor at rudy at trulia.com with your full name, e-mail address, and Company Info, together with your TruiliAmazing Tip (the tip must be 150 words or less).
All Entry Methods. Limit one (1) entry per person. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries must be in English. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. Promotion Rules: Entries will be judged by a panel of qualified Sponsor employee judges (together, the “Judges”) as follows:
Beginning on or about May 25, 2011 the Judges will evaluate eligible entries and select fifty (50) winners based on the following judging criteria:
- The most apt, original, and interesting TruliAmazing Tip; and
- The most creative TruliAmazing Tip.
In the unlikely event of a tie, the winning TruliAmazing Tip will be determined by the Judges pursuant to the highest score in the following category: the most creative TruliAmazing Tip.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that are inappropriate for any reason, including, without limitation, entries that contain, depict, describe, mention, or refer to illegal, profane, sexually explicitly, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate material or are otherwise not appropriate for or consistent with Sponsor’s brand image.
Potential winners will be notified by e-mail by May 27, 2011. To claim a prize, each potential winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification, including by taking any winner verification steps required by Sponsor.
9. Sponsor’s License to Entries. You grant to Sponsor, and its successors, assigns, licensees, representatives, and agents, a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your TruliAmazing Tip, or any portion thereof, in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
10. Representations and Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) you are eligible to enter the Promotion; (b) your TruliAmazing Tip is original to you and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to your TruliAmazing Tip and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your TruliAmazing Tip in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (c) you have the unconditional right to submit your TruliAmazing Tip to Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules, and your TruliAmazing Tip and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any consumer protection law or regulation or any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
11. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
12. Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the iPad 2 prize awarded will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in Sponsor and third-party advertising and promotional materials, including without limitation on the Sponsor web site.
13. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the Promotion and for any other advertising, marketing, or promotional purpose(s) without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to execute a consent to the use of such winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the Promotion and for any other advertising, marketing, or promotional purpose(s) without further permission or compensation.
14. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
15. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after June 15, 2011 and before June 15, 2012 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “TruliAmazing Online Real Estate Marketing Tips” Contest Winner List. To obtain a copy of these rules, visit pro.truliablog.com or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “TruliAmazing Online Real Estate Marketing Tips” Contest Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
16. Intellectual Property Notice. TRULIA is a trademark of Trulia, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 by Trulia, Inc.
17. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Promotion at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “TruliAmazing Online Real Estate Marketing Tips” Contest Questions.
18. Sponsor: Trulia, Inc., 116 New Montgomery Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105.