First up: what do consumers expect to happen to prices?
- Consumer Attitudes on Housing Continue Summer Season’s Gradual Upward Trend (Fannie Mae)
- Housing Fever Can Work Both Ways (NY Times)
Next: a decline in foreclosures, which is the last major housing indicator to get back on the right track.
- Foreclosures Hit a Five-Year Low (USA Today)
And finally, two deep-think opinion pieces on how politicians sometimes reward or punish the states or cities that elect them.
- As Partisan Rancor Rises, States That Back a Loser Will Be Punished (Daily Beast)
- How the G.O.P. Became the Anti-Urban Party (NY Times)